>something happens in a comic book I dont personally like. >Dont care, not canon

>something happens in a comic book I don’t personally like
>“Don’t care, not canon”

  1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    very true

  2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    saying "i don't like it and i'm going to pretend it didn't happen, move on, and not let it hinder the enjoyment i otherwise get from this piece of media" once is a better approach than sperging out about it online for months

    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

      That doesn't work when everyone else cannot shut up about it, or even worse, about how good and revolutionary it was.

    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

      I do both

  3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    >reading comics

  4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    Correct.

  5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    How can one fren be so correct?

  6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    I consider any time Batman is shown protecting/helping the Joker or otherwise making some halfwitted justification for not killing him to be non-canon.

  7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    >Anything is liable to be retconned at any given moment, including important character staples or even entire origins

    Canon doesn't really exist.

  8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    Why do people care about canon of fiction so much? Doesn't the word come from the Church in medieval times originally? Am I gonna get arrested by a publisher for saying I don't recognize their version of some entertainment entertainment?

    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

      Legitimately I actually don’t get it
      The concept does indeed come from the early church (pre-medieval) and it’s to establish what is “real.” So the Gospel of Matthew is canon, and Christians to this day believe in the gospel of Matthew. The infancy gospel of Thomas, the proto-evangelium of James, those were declared non-canon, and you’ll never hear them read in church, you won’t even find them in Bibles.
      Now then later, some academics came up with the idea of the “western canon.” This would be a bit after medieval times. Not measuring based on “truth,” they measured it based on how widely read it is. So Pagan books like the Iliad and Odyssey can reside in the western canon alongside Christian books like Paradise Lost and The Divine Comedy.
      But comic book canon makes no sense as a concept. First of all, nothing in any of the books is real. It doesn’t even portray itself as real. It isn’t believed to be real by the creators or their fans. Second of all, a lot of “non-canon” books get read more than canon books. If we use the word canon the way it’s used in the phrase “the western canon,” we would have to accept e.g. The Dark Knight Returns as a canonical Batman story.
      But I guess when comic publishers say “canon” what they mean is “the stuff in the mainline books which is considered backstory for the purposes of the ongoing story,” ok, but that changes from story to story, and things get retconned and rebooted all the time, and since it’s all on a floating timeline there’s still no way to make it make sense.
      Comic canon is just retarded.

      • 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

        Canon in entertainment is just context. Stuff that happened, stuff that affects events in one way or another, stuff that can be referenced in-universe.

      • 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

        I think people along the way mixed up continuity and canon.

  9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    i just pirate all of them so i dont care ether way this are the sites i most use

    https://readcomiconline.li
    https://getcomics.info

  10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    Reading comics is a fools game. Unless you pick up something with a beginning middle and end. At this point I'd rather they just turn spiderman gay than whatever this hell scenario he's been going through these last 20 years.

  11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    -5 I.Q
    >Something happens in a comic or cartoon you don't like
    >Accept it and move on
    100 I.Q
    >Something happens in a comic or cartoon you don't like
    >Read the fanfiction, its more enjoyable
    100000 I.Q
    >Don't even bother reading comics or watching cartoons
    >Read the fanfics without even watching the cartoons or reading the comics whatsoever

    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

      >Read the fanfics without even watching the cartoons or reading the comics whatsoever
      Where 80% of my LOK and ATLA knowledge comes from. /toon/ is the other 20%.

  12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    >read terrible comic
    >other people say it's terrible
    >go into thread and tell them they just have shit taste and comic is good.
    >watch them squirm and rage

  13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    Literally unironically me

  14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

    >Not giving a shit about canon and just reading good comics.
    Canon for bitches.

Your email address will not be published.